This 1886 Queen Anne Victorian sat vacant and almost invisible for many years. Through the efforts of the Garvanza Improvement Association and the complete dedication of the owner, the Dr. Smith House has been returned to its turn of the century glory. Visible once again are the tall Italianate windows, decorative fretwork surrounding the numerous gables, and the spindled porch columns. The concrete Tuscan columns that lined the main entrance are once again standing proud. A cottage that was built in 1920 was also lovingly restored. The tremendous undertaking that went into the sensitive restoration of one of the highlights of Garvanza is truly deserving of the 2014 award.